Designer Leather Handbag Care
Follow these simple steps to clean your designer leather handbag:
· In order for a leather handbag to age gracefully with the natural darkening that comes with time, most do not come pre-treated.
The first thing you should do is treat your leather handbag with a good leather protector to keep it well protected from stains.
· If your leather handbag does get a stain before you are able to seal it with a protector, then use a good leather cleaner.
The same kind of cleaner for leather shoes would work just fine also. Simply follow the directions.
If the leather cleaner does not work, you can always take your bag to a professional leather cleaner.
· Once the stain is removed, re-condition the leather with a good leather conditioner to restore it’s natural luster and color.
This should be done at least 2 times a year or as needed. Re-conditioning the leather will also keep it free from dryness and cracking.
· If the leather becomes discolored, there are several leather sprays on the market to restore the natural color.
· Never use soap or other cleaning solvents on a leather handbag.
Beacause leather is a porous material, these products will only cause further damage and cracking.
· Never use Baby Wipes which contain alkaline and will destroy the finish of the leather.
· Never store your leather designer handbag in the bottom of a closet. The leather will absorb excess moisture which causes mildew.
· Never store it in a plastic cover, as the plastic will stick to it over time and add to discoloration. Store it in a well ventilated area in the dust bag it was packaged in.
One of the most trusted leather cleaner products on the market is the Coach Leather Cleaner which is made specifically to clean high end leather handbags.
No need to worry about discoloration or any damage as long as you follow the directions.
You can find Coach Leather Cleaner at the Coach website, or just check below for some great deals on Ebay.
Check back often as these items are updated daily!