How to Clean Silk Designer Purses
Follow these easy steps to clean your silk designer purses:
- A solution of mild and cool or lukewarm water is great for cleaning silk. Always test in a hidden area first.
- Sponge a little of the solution on the spot and then blot with a clean towel to rinse.
- Never rub at a stain, as this will only cause the stain to spread and wear out the fibers.
How to remove water stains:
- Prepare a piece of white silk by cutting it into a square and making it a size suitable for holding and rubbing with.
- Rub the clean white silk over the water stain on the silk fabric. It is very important to rub across and down the grain of the silk and not diagonally.
- Continue rubbing gently until you see a difference.
- If this method does not work, take your handbag to a professional dry cleaner.