Make a T-Shirt Bag
Make a Handbag from your favorite old T-Shirt!
You might want to make a T-Shirt Bag as a fun and fashionable accessory, or you just might want to recycle your old t-shirts to use as a durable grocery or shopping bag.
Whatever your case may be, our old T-Shirts say a lot about our personalities, whether it's our favorite rock band, vacation spot or brand.
So, don't leave your fashion statement in your closet collecting dust-- give it a second life as a T-Shirt Bag!
Follow these easy steps below and if you're more of a visual learner, take a look at this short t-shirt bag video to help you along. This whole process should take you less than 45 minutes.
Here's what you'll need:
· Duct Tape
Follow these super easy steps:
1. Cut the sleeves off of an old T-Shirt.
2. Turn it inside out.
3. Cover the whole shirt with strips of duct tape.
Now you should have what looks like a duct tape tank top.
4. Turn the t-shirt (bag) on its side so that it no longer resembles a tank top, but it should look more like a bag now with the handles (arm holes) seen clearly.
5. Using a yard stick, draw a line at the bottom of the shirt leaving about 2 inches from the edge.
6. Now staple along the line you have just drawn. The staples should be right up against each other leaving no gaps in between.
7. Using another strip of duct tape, cover the line of staples you have just made. This will protect your hands from the staples later.
8. Now it's time to reinforce the corners--again you'll need your staple.
Hold the bag in such a way that one corner is pointing out and flat enough to use the stapler on. It should be in the shape of a triangle and not a corner. Staple a straight line leaving about 5-6 inches at the end. Do the same thing on the other corner.
9. Cover up the staples seams you have just done using another strip of duct tape.
10. Now turn the bag inside out and - TaDAH! You've just made your first T-Shirt Bag.
If you're still a little unsure, just check out this video below to see exactly how it's done.
Ready to make another purse?
Here are some more super easy directions for handbags you can create in no time!